Monday 14 February 2011

O2 Arena sees Phil Taylor thrashed in Premier League opener


The Power was lengthily dismissed 8-2 by fellow Stoke player Adrian Lewis in the opening round of the league on Thursday evening.

Credit should go to reigning World Champion Lewis, who averaged 100.79 in another fine performance. But Taylor, 50, a 15-time world champion, admitted he had much to consider going into next week’s match.

“I was awful and I have got to work hard to put it right because I do not want to keep playing like this. I know what I have got to do and it’s up to me to put it right and sort myself out.”

On the night, there were also opening day wins for Mark Webster and Gary Anderson, both on their Premier League debut, as well as expert Terry Jenkins. The tournament, which lasts 14 weeks, has its second meeting next Thursday at Nottingham’s Capital FM Arena.

No comments: