Friday 23 October 2009

WHITNEY HOUSTON launches European tour dates in support of global chart-topping album I Look To You. The O2 announced as only London date of tour.


Whitney Houston launches European tour dates in support of global chart-topping album I Look To You. The O2 announced as only London date of tour.

On the heels of her critically acclaimed, internationally chart-topping album I Look To You, Whitney Houston announced today the UK leg of an eagerly anticipated European tour, which finishes at The O2, the only London gig of the tour, on Sunday 25 April. This will be Whitney's first major tour in more than 11 years. The concerts will be the must see shows of this decade as Houston returns to the stage to perform classic hits alongside her latest songs. I Look To You will be released in the UK on October 19, just one day after a massive appearance on the hit program The X Factor.

"This is my first full tour since the My Love Is Your Love tour and I am so excited to be performing for my fans around the world after all this time. I am putting together a great show and cannot wait to perform the songs from my new album I Look To You along with some of your favourites," said Whitney Houston.

Her European tour will see her perform in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium as well as the UK, with territories to be announced shortly.

In the twenty-five years since she recorded her history-making debut album, Whitney Houston has become a superstar, a legend, an icon. One of the bestselling female artists of all time, she has sold over 140 million albums worldwide and is the most awarded female artist in history with 411 awards to her name. Her longtime producer Clive Davis encouraged her to record her recent release I Look To You which has topped charts across the world.

No comments: